2 in stock
- The Acratech Ultimate Ballhead is the most efficient design ever created for combining low mass with incredible stopping power. Available with or without an installed Arca-type quick release clamp, it is an ideal head for those that do not require the progressive tension control of the heavier (and more expensive) Arca-Swiss B1. It can be combined with a Wimberley Sidekick to give exceptional gimbal-type control of all but the largest of 35mm & medium format supertelephoto lenses.
- The innovative design of the Acratech gives the photographer full access to 25% of a sphere at any time, and it is entirely capable of providing support in any direction so long as your tripod legs are not overwhelmed. It may seem odd that such a small device would work well on a large tripod such as a 1500 series Gitzo, but in fact it does just that.
- Occasionally it is necessary to reorient the controls of the Acratech to access a particular angle, because the clamp is mounted at a 45° angle to the ballhead. Thus, if one needs to point straight down on one shot and then five degrees backward on the next, one must reorient the clamp 180°. This is quickly mastered and not a detriment to ownership, as the benefits of traveling with such a lightweight design are realized every time it is carried.
- This version includes a quick release clamp, with safety detent pin, and all rubber covered left-side control knobs.
- Note: A quick release plate is not included, and Acratech offers a range of camera-specific plates, as well as a standard 1/4"-20 plate. Or can be used with any "Arca-Swiss type" plate, available from Arca-Swiss, Foba, NPC, Novoflex & Wimberley.
- Absolutely no migration after tightening the clamp
- Silky-smooth black anodized finish for precise positioning
- Open design facilitates quick maintenance
- Calibrated panning bed
- "Dry" ball does not attract dirt or dust
- Fully captive controls will not come off from prolonged vibrations
- 10-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.