The dPDB passive direct box from ART features two high-quality direct boxes in one portable enclosure. It is a roadworthy DI for connection of the outputs of electronic musical instruments (or other audio sources) to the balanced inputs of mixer consoles and other balanced inputs. It also allows for connection of a music source to an instrument amplifier while simultaneously patching it to a mixer.
The unit features switchable input attenuation, a 50k O instrument input, 50k O parallel link jack, a 600 O XLR output jack and a switchable ground lift. It excels at impedance matching and improving the sound of any instrument plugged into it. Enclosed in a rugged steel chassis, it is designed and manufactured to the highest standards to provide years of quiet, reliable performance.
Electric Guitar and Bass
- The high impedance signal from a guitar or bass guitar pickup is translated by the unit into a low impedance balanced signal required by mixing consoles.
Keyboards and Line Level Signals
- Automatically balances and matches the line level outputs of modern electronic keyboards. If using a multiple keyboard setup and the keyboards are all plugged into a single instrument amplifier, the dPDB can be used to replace individual direct boxes by simply sending the output of the instrument amplifier to the dPDB and then to the console.
DJ Console Output Signals
- DJ mixers often supply only an unbalanced -10dB signal. The dPDB converts this signal to a balanced line level signal before it reaches the console, while providing a convenient method of connector transition with the capability to run long cables.
Speaker Level Signals
- By accepting speaker level inputs from a power amplifier's output, the DI allows post-amplifier, post EQ and effects signals to be fed directly to the console. In this manner, a particular effect or amplifier sound can be sent directly to the mix.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at email@example.com.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.