Out of stock
- The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 is an external 1RU/table-top I/O device with two 20Gb/s Thunderbolt ports. It captures DCI 4K 4:2:2 or UHD 4K YUV 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI up to 30p and by dual-link 6G-SDI from 50p to 60p; 1080p RGB 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI; 1080p 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI; 1080p 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI; and DCI/UHD 4K 4:2:2 by HDMI. 4K can be input/output compressed and uncompressed. The SDI inputs also support dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic workflows. UltraStudio 4K is capable of hardware-based HD down/up/cross conversion.
- The other connections are Component and Composite on BNC, 2-channel analog audio on XLR, 2-channel AES/EBU audio on BNC, timecode input and output on XLR, Blackburst and Tri-Sync, and RS-422 deck control. A color LCD and six quick-access video and audio input buttons are built in on the front panel.
- 4K, 1080p, 3D Input & Output
- DCI 4K 4:2:2 or UHD 4K YUV 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI
- DCI 4K 4:2:2 by HDMI
- 1080p RGB 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI
- 1080p 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI
- 1080p 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI
- Dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic by SDI
- 4K Compressed or Uncompressed
- UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 supports popular compressed video formats such as ProRes and DNxHD as well as 10-bit uncompressed video. When working with uncompressed video all captured images are a perfect pixel-for-pixel clone of the source without any quality loss. Get the sharpest keying with green screens, cleanest compositions, superior color correction, and more.
- Work in 10-Bit 4:4:4
- UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 features built-in 6G-SDI connections that operate at four times the speed of regular HD-SDI, meaning you can capture Ultra HD and 4K with only one BNC cable instead of four. This high bandwidth connection is perfect for full color resolution 4:4:4 video, which is great for video effects and high frame rate video up to 1080p60. UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 also supports dual stream 3D with capture and playback of two independent channels.
- The Power of Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt ensures low latency and highly accurate time synchronization for high quality capture and playback. UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 features 20Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 with loop thru and dual link 6G-SDI, the combination perfect for 3D stereoscopic workflows, Ultra HD, and DCI 4K.
- Supported Codecs
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, and Uncompressed 10-bit 4:4:4.
- Supported Applications
- Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase, Steinberg Nuendo, Adobe Photoshop, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in / live:cut / just:play / just:live, Softron OnTheAir Video/ MovieRecorder / OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro / Studio / Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, and Harris Infocaster.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.