The circuit in the unit is similar to the classic 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet, and musical. These characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and are appropriate for a wide variety of sound sources and music genres. In this latest iteration, the MKIV adds an output pad, so you can experiement more freely with the gain and overdrive without overloading the output, and offers a more ergonomic interface with updated buttons.
At a Glance
- Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path
- Maximum gain in MIC mode is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Gain switch range 20 to 80 dB. Gain/Line mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in Line mode
- Selectable two-position high-frequency Air boost EQ, 3 or 6 dB at 30 kHz
- Selectable 6 dB / octave two-frequency high-pass filter at around 40 (HP1) and 170 Hz (HP2)
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Switchable impedance in Mic mode, 1200 or 300 ohms, will change the tone of most mics. The input impedance in Line mode is 10 kilohms
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar, or bass
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections
- Insert jack for inserting EQs and other units
- Selectable 600-ohm output termination
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
What's in the Box
Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKIV Preamp and DI Box
- 1 x Power Supply
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.