The HandlePod Camera Handle / Tabletop Quadpod is an innovative support for a point & shoot camera or an ultra-compact camcorder. The folding handgrip mount attaches securely to any camera via its standard 1/4"-20 screw. With its sturdy, chunky grooved handgrip, HandlePod provides added stability for shooting handheld in either portrait or landscape orientation. Fold down the HandlePod and you suddenly have a tabletop quadpod – its four rubber feet ensure stable video and still capture from any flat surface.
For vertical surfaces such as trees and poles, the HandlePod comes with an elastic cord that's over 4' long. Thread the cord through the slot between the handle and the camera mount, and you can lash your mounted camera securely to a vertical object, for stable image capture from unique positions and angles – or just for bracing the camera against something solid to stabilize a long-exposure shot. The curve of the handle and the length of the feet allow you to brace the camera against a building corner, for instance.
The camera mount half of the HandlePod features three axes of adjustment that you can free and secure using the T-knobs. This allows you to point your camera in any direction imaginable.
With a point & shoot or compact DSLR camera, a HandlePod, and a little bit of creativity, a wide range of convenient mounting options suddenly becomes feasible. Hold the no-slip four rubber feet against a window for stable shots through glass. Use the elastic cord to secure your HandlePod to a car mirror or the side of the window frame. Use a C-clamp to fasten the mount to any thin surface. For an impromptu helmet cam, thread the included cord through the helmet's slots to secure the HandlePod for action video capture.
Perfect for Low-Light Photos
- Many people have tried to steady a camera in low light by bracing it against a wall, pole, or other solid object. HandlePod takes that idea a step further with a rotating camera mount combined with a comfortable handle that you can hold against any convenient support.
- Photographs are usually taken either handheld or with a tripod. HandlePod represents a hybrid concept that combines the ease and convenience of handheld photography with the solid, reliable support of a tripod.
Four Feet vs. Three Legs
- Three tripod legs are great on flat, horizontal surfaces or the ground. But the world is full of vertical objects – poles, railings, doorways, building corners – that are not tripod-friendly yet are perfect for the HandlePod. Its four rubber feet straddle round or cornered surfaces, providing four solid contact points for positive support. Of course the HandlePod can be held against a flat surface as well. The rubber feet serve as a high-friction, slip-free anchor.
Horizontal or Vertical Composition
- Ease of shot composition is another area where the HandlePod shines. With the HandlePod braced against a vertical object, the camera can be positioned horizontally with plenty of clearance. The slotted camera mount features a range of adjustment that makes positioning easy, regardless of camera size or where the screw thread is positioned on the camera bottom. For a vertical composition, just swivel the camera mount. The patented three-axis rotating mount makes orienting the camera fast and trouble-free.
Self-Supporting on Level Surfaces
- The HandlePod is self-supporting and serves as a tabletop quadpod when a convenient flat surface is available – perfect for self-portraits. Again, horizontal or vertical composition is easy. Rotate the camera to vertical and give it a half turn to position the camera over the handle.
Attaches Solidly to Supports
- The elastic cord supplied with the HandlePod stretches to over 4'. It secures the HandlePod firmly to anything you can wrap the cord around. Simply slip one end of the cord into the groove between the handle and the camera mount. Wrap the cord around the support object, and pull the cord tight. Slip the other end into the groove. The cord is held in place securely yet releases with a quick tug.
Handheld Stabilization for Still and Video Capture
- When a support object isn't available, the HandlePod serves as a stabilizing grip for handheld photos and video. The comfortable handle extends to the side of the camera for added leverage and a solid, two-handed grip. This is a significant advantage for today's extremely small and lightweight photo and video cameras. The HandlePod's additional steadying power enhances the camera's built-in stabilization for blur-free stills and smooth, solid video.
Compact and Lightweight
- The camera mount folds back and underneath the handle to create a compact package that fits easily in a shirt pocket. At 4 oz, the HandlePod is light and easy to carry in a pocket, purse, or camera bag. In addition, the handle can fold under the camera and remain conveniently out of the way, yet it will unfold in seconds to be ready for instant use.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at email@example.com.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.