The 896mk3 from MOTU is a hybrid digital audio interface that features both FireWire and USB 2.0 connectivity. The interface can also function as a rack-mount, standalone mixer without the need for a computer. It provides eight channels of 24-bit/192kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of optical digital I/O, stereo AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and separate analog main outs.
An on-board CueMix FX digital mixer allows for routing guitars, synthesizers, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors with no latency and no processor strain on the host computer. Hardware DSP-driven effects processing can be applied to inputs, outputs and busses independent of the host computer.
DSP effects include the Classic Reverb with reverb times of up to sixty seconds, and a seven-band parametric EQ featuring filter types modeled after British analog console EQs. Also included are a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides automatic gain control.
All analog inputs are equipped with V-Limit, a hardware limiter that helps prevent digital clipping from overloaded input signals. Additional protection can be applied to the microphone/guitar inputs by enabling the Soft Clip feature, which engages just before clipping and helps reduce perceptible distortion.
Powered monitors can be plugged directly into the outputs of the interface and the output attenuated from the software or a front-panel control. Main out volume is not limited to stereo operation, and includes quad, 5.1, 7.1 and even user-defined configurations are available. Additional programming allows for all thirty-two outputs to be controlled with the master volume knob.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity - connect to your computer via plug-and-play FireWire or hi-speed USB2
- CueMix FX is a flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
- 28 inputs / 32 outputs (at 44.1/48kHz)
- No channel sharing - the microphone inputs, AES/EBU and S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels
- Front-panel control with access to any setting in a mix directly from the front panel
- Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the unit to a gig without a computer
- Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes (create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones or add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency)
- Eight rear panel combo jacks provide 1/4" or XLR microphone input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain
- Clip protection - input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12dB over zero
- Eight 24-bit/192kHz analog inputs and outputs on XLR jacks
- Precision Digital Trim digitally controls analog trim on all analog inputs while providing accurate adjustments in 1.0dB increments
- Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall trim configurations
- Flexible optical I/O - 16 channels of ADAT Lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink
- Mix and match formats between the two banks
- Expandable by adding additional interfaces for more I/O as needs grow
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
- 24-bit/96kHz AES/EBU stereo I/O
- 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF stereo I/O
- Wordclock in and out
- CueMix FX includes audio analysis visual diagnostic tools for the stereo audio signals, from an accurate guitar/instrument tuner to phase and polarity measurement tools, to a full-fledged oscilloscope
- Resolve directly to time code, with no additional synchronizer required via one of the analog input jacks
- Includes a DSP-driven phase-lock engine with sophisticated filtering that provides fast lockup times and sub-frame accuracy
- MOTU SMPTE Console software (for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista) provides a complete set of tools to generate SMPTE for striping, regenerating or slaving other devices to the computer
- Foot switch input (conveniently located on the front panel) connects a standard foot pedal switch (sold separately) for hands-free punch-in and punch-out while recording
- Map the pedal to any keystroke function in the host software
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing and sample-accurate sync
- Plug-and-play operation with Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0
- Front panel volume control for monitoring
- Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available
- Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
- Comprehensive front panel metering for all analog and digital audio I/O
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
- Internal universal 100~240V, 50/60Hz auto switching power supply
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at email@example.com.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.