The black Native Instruments MASCHINE MIKRO MK2 Groove Production Studio is designed for both Mac and Windows. The hardware interface features USB 2.0, 16 multi-color illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch, 28 back-lit buttons, one endless encoder (30 steps) and one high-contrast, 128 x 64 pixel black-and-white display. MASCHINE MIKRO MK2 also supports several interfaces including stand-alone interfaces, VST, audio units, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio and WASAPI.
With the ability to act as a sequencer, sampler, VST/AU plug-in host and multi-effect unit, the MASCHINE MIKRO MK2 supports beat making, performance and more - all with the benefit of collaborative computer software. The software is stocked with a 6GB sample library that includes drum kits, synth sounds, loops and more. The touch sensitive pads make it easy to sequence drum patterns, bass lines, loops, etc. Plus, with color-coding, you can assign certain colors to certain instruments so you'll always know what's what without having to test it.
The MASCHINE MIKRO MK2 provides the flexibility of computer-based music production with straightforward control for composing, performing, browsing, sampling, slicing, sound-shaping and tweaking effects. You can easily load your samples, effects and plug-ins through the software, and then control them with the pads. And, you can always expand your sounds with MASCHINE EXPANSIONS (sold separately).
Key Updated Features
- 16 multi-colored, highly-sensitive back-lit, pads with velocity and after-touch
- Assign color coding throughout the library for 'visual tagging' which is also displayed on the pads. Make your kick drums red, for example, and you'll always know which pads play your kicks
- Full version of the MASSIVE synth plug-in is included and it's parameters can be automated within the MASCHINE 1.8 software
Multi-Function Master Push Encoder
- New multi-function master push encoder allows for easier control of volume, tempo and swing
Time Stretch & Pitch Shift
- The MASCHINE 1.8 software includes time stretch and pitch shift features. Automatically detect the BPM of a sample and stretch from one tempo to another. Or stretch your audio to a specific length to fit a sample to the same length as another sample. Plus, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function
- Download the latest free software update that includes more effects, specially selected for beat production. TRANSIENT MASTER has been fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software as well. This is ideal for positioning drums and percussion; it lets you mix from front to back, giving each sample exactly the right amount of space. New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects bring the secrets of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE 1.8, for even greater sound coloring potential
- 16 highly-sensitive, back-lit, multi-color pads with velocity and after-touch (colors freely-assignable to Sounds, Patterns, Groups and Scenes)
- Master push encoder for analog feel and realtime multi-parameter tweaking
- 28 back-lit buttons allow for direct parameter access to many functions
- One high-contrast, 128 x 64 pixel black-and-white display to quickly find the information you need in the studio or on stage
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0 plus Kensington lock
- Sequencer features two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC-style live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs, with assignable color-coding for instant overview
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link and note repeat
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing by transient detection, fixed grid or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Offline time-stretch and pitch-shifting with automatic BPM detection
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc.)
- Convenient import of own samples, REX2 files and MPC programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60 and SP1200
- Optimized recovery of lost samples - point MASCHINE 1.8 to the location and it will automatically update the location for all samples in that project
- Supports up to 24-bit / 192 kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface such as the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Plug-In Hosting / KOMPLETE 8 Integration
- Hosts any VST or Audio Units plug-ins from Native Instruments and 3rd party manufacturers
- Support for NIS NI sound format lets you browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 8 Instruments and Effects directly from MASCHINE MIKRO's hardware browser
- One instrument and up to four effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot - 16 sound slots are available in each of the eight groups
- Sampler, effects and plug-in parameters can be automated within the MASCHINE 1.8 software
Sample Library & Browser
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 170 FX/multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments of all genres such as pianos, organs, strings, brass and much more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds, and effects with dedicated shortcuts from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets
- Swap kits while keeping patterns and try out your beat with different sounds
- 23 high-quality effects including TRANSIENT MASTER, Tape and Tube Saturators, reverbs, filters and EQs - plus creative tools such as Grain-Delay, Ice Verb and Freq Shifter
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST/AU instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Use NI or 3rd party VST/AU effect plug-ins within MASCHINE 1.8 (e.g Guitar Rig Player amps and effects)
- Use the MASCHINE MIKRO and MASCHINE 1.8 software as a VST, AU or RTAS plug-in inside your host DAW
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE MIKRO and MASCHINE 1.8 retain all capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Host Transport Control lets you control the transport in your DAW from MASCHINE MIKRO
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE 1.8's sound slots
- Instant navigation lets you open several instances of MASCHINE 1.8 in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using just one controller
- Add MASCHINE MIKRO to your setup in parallel with MASCHINE for additional hands-on control of your DAW
- Bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.