First of these technologies is the use of lead- and arsenic-free extra-low dispersion (ED) glass in the lens elements to correct chromatic and spherical aberrations. Next are phase-corrected and dielectric-coated roof prisms, which further limit internal light loss and interference and improve image contrast. The optical path is fully multi-coated with anti-reflection coatings, which increase light transmission, image contrast, and sharpness and provide true color rendition. Finally is the use of Nikon's field-flattener lens system, which eliminates the distortion common at the edges of the lenses, producing crisp details along the far periphery of the wide field of view. This all translates to bright and clear, high-contrast images with accurate color across the spacious field of view with a reduced appearance of visible hand shake—especially at low light such as early morning and late evening, and under heavily overcast skies.
The chassis is built with a short bridge design, which provides more gripping surface and helps to reduce the overall weight—this is especially important on an optic that measures just 4.7" in length. Made to survive use outdoors, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make them not only fogproof when moving between extreme temperature changes, but also waterproof and submersible. The exterior has textured, rubberized panels that protect against knocks and drops and offers a slip-resistant grip for sure handling in cold and wet conditions. Nikon includes tethered objective lens covers to ensure they cannot be lost easily and are ready for use at a moment's notice.
Engineered for durability and performance, the 30mm Monarch HG is an excellent choice for those who are looking to reduce the size and weight of their binocular without compromising performance.
- High 10x magnification draws distant subjects in close for detailed observations on land and sea
- Smaller 30mm objective lens diameter reduces the overall form factor and weight versus larger objective models without significantly compromising light gathering or performance
- Roof prism light path helps to maintain a slim profile for easier and more comfortable handling
- Extra-low dispersion glass reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coatings minimize internal light loss to maintain image brightness and improve contrast and clarity
- Phase-corrected prisms eliminate internal interference in the light path to improve contrast and resolution
- Anti-reflection, fully multi-coated optics produce bright, high-resolution images
- Field-flattener lens system corrects lens-edge distortion for clearer views at the edge of the field of view
- Wide 62° apparent angle of view produces an immersive observational experience with less disorientation when used on rough or rolling seas and minimized appearance of visible hand shake common when holding high-power optics
- Generous 362' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Short bridge provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even while wearing gloves
- Locking right-eye diopter allows users to firmly set adjustment to compensate for individual optical prescription and improve focus sharpness
- Broad 56-74mm interpupillary distance adjustment range enables easy use by a wide variety of users
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter enables hands-free use and reduces vibrations and arm fatigue
- 15.2mm eye relief makes viewing more comfortable with less eyestrain, especially during long-duration glassing sessions
- 3mm exit pupil
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at email@example.com.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.