The Photogenic PLR1250DRC 500W/s PowerLight Monolight with PocketWizard Receiver (UV) offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
What good is a light if it keeps you in the dark? The 500W/s keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or ½ stop increments across 6 stops. The bright 250W modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you previsualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output.
The PLR1250DRC recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 1.5 seconds with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. A PocketWizard radio remote is built into that handle so that you can say goodbye to tripping over PC cords in favor of wireless triggering of your PowerLight from distances up to 1,600'. The UV color corrected flash tube ensures that blue doesn't creep into your color balance on subjects like a bride in her gown. It also ensures natural, flattering skin tones. The PLR1250DRC comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, softboxes and umbrellas.
Six Stop Power Range
- Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 16W/s to 500W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- The PLR1250DRC recycles to full power in only 1.5 seconds to catch even the most fleeting gestures
- The PLR1250DRC's bright 250W quartz modeling lamp offers independent power control that is adjustable from full to 1/32 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments. Settings include Proportional, to previsualize lighting effects, Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- This version of the PowerLight has a built-in PocketWizard receiver that will allow you to trigger your flash from up to 1,600' away. If it can perform like that in the field, just think of how it will handle the confines of your studio. It also has a built-in, highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic PowerLights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
User Replaceable UV Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube. The UV coating ensures clean whites and flattering flesh tones.
- Dims the modeling light while charging the capacitors. When the capacitors are at 100%, the modeling lamp re-lights
Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- The PLR1250DRC incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- The PLR1250DRC is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Easy 30 Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Kellards within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below.
You may initiate a return or exchange by requesting an RMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages.
Return AddressKellards Return
3237 Greenpoint Ave.
Long Island City NY 11101
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Kellards reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Kellards can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.